Early Years Educator
Level 3 Apprenticeship
This engaging Level 3 apprenticeship develops the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to work in a childcare setting. Apprentices will also learn valuable techniques and methods to support them in taking responsibility for leading childcare provision.
Who is it suitable for:
- Nursery Worker/Supervisors
- Nursery Nurses
- Nursery Teaching Assistants
- Early Years Workers/Assistants
- Nursery Practitioners
- Classroom Assistants
Qualification level: 3
Duration: 18 months
Qualifications achieved: Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Functional skills: Level 2 in maths and English, unless certificates that match the exemption criteria (e.g. GCSE Grade 4-9, A-C or equivalent) can be shown
Whilst no previous qualifications are needed, apprenticeships are funded through the Government and as such have eligibility requirements to enable funding to be accessed.
- Be aged 16 or over.
- Not be in any other form of education or study.
- Have been resident in the EEA (European Economic Area) for the past 3 years and have proof of this.
- Have a National Insurance number.
- Hold a permanent contract of employment prior to starting your apprenticeship (this will be within a Childbase Partnership nursery)
Apprentices are assigned a qualified and dedicated Trainer Assessor (and Functional Skills Tutor if required) to provide them with the help and support needed. The apprenticeship is delivered via a blended learning approach of on and off the job training to ensure you can develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for your role and to support your learning style. This includes:
- Regular training days and one to one support sessions at our Academy in Newport Pagnell.
- Observations and discussions with a dedicated Trainer Assessor/mentor to evidence skills within your nursery.
- Witness statements from colleagues to evidence behaviours.
- Support with assignment writing to evidence knowledge.
- One to one functional skills support, if applicable.
Our salaries for apprentices:
As a Childbase colleague you will also have access to a variety of benefits which can be viewed here and you can apply for a TOTUM student discount card.
An overview of what you will study…
Health & safety and physical care needs
Supporting healthy lifestyles through nutrition and exercise
Safeguarding and equality, diversity and inclusion
The value of play and enabling environments
Observation, planning and partnership working
Wellbeing and supporting children who are unwell
Personal, social, emotional and physical development
Promoting speech, language and communication and developing cognitive skills
Literacy and maths development
Transition and children with additional needs
Getting ready for End Point Assessment
Enter Gateway for End Point Assessment
End Point Assessment